Error: this requeste exceeds the max capture visible tab calls per second quota

Hello devs. When i use the activity “Store Image” i get the message: MAX_CAPTURE_VISIBLE_TAB_CALLS_PER_SECOND quota

I try do this: The operation failed because it would cause the application to exceed its storage quota , but doesn’t work for me.

I never saw that error before. Do you have a test macro for us to recreate the issue? Does this issue show always for you, or “only” sometimes?

Allways, this problem become when was changed the version of browser. Before was Google Chrome version 90.x.xxxx.xxx and now is Chrome Version 92.0.4515.107, after this atualization all my macros that have the activity “storeImage” failure. My scripts in Python with selenium webdriver also failure. My screenshots don’t capture the full image of a element html in a web page.

Does this test macro work for you?

{
  "Name": "storeimage test",
  "CreationDate": "2021-7-28",
  "Commands": [
    {
      "Command": "open",
      "Target": "https://forum.ui.vision/t/error-this-requeste-exceeds-the-max-capture-visible-tab-calls-per-second-quota/8024/3",
      "Value": "",
      "Description": ""
    },
    {
      "Command": "comment",
      "Target": "click // id=site-logo",
      "Value": "",
    },
    {
      "Command": "storeImage",
      "Target": "id=site-logo",
      "Value": "1logo",
    }
  ]
}

It works for me in the latest Chrome V92:

Hi. This macro works for me. But the problem happens when I try to capture an element that exceeds the visible area of ​​the page.

I searched and found this report: https://groups.google.com/a/chromium.org/g/chromium-extensions/c/sQUlaHXjlhY?pli=1

The report is recent and addresses the same problem.

I think the issue is an incompatibility between the new version of Chrome and this activity when the element exceeds the visible area. Perhaps the activity makes more than one request in order to capture the element and gets this error message from the Chrome API.

I found this on the google API: chrome.tabs - Chrome Developers

The text presents the reference to a property called: MAX_CAPTURE_VISIBLE_TAB_CALLS_PER_SECOND.
The default value of this property is 2.

I found this google reference to a “tabs.json” file: chrome/common/extensions/api/tabs.json - chromium/src - Git at Google

On line 143 we have:

“properties”: {
“MAX_CAPTURE_VISIBLE_TAB_CALLS_PER_SECOND”: {
“value”: 2,
“description”: “The maximum number of times that $(ref:captureVisibleTab) can be called per second. $(ref:captureVisibleTab) is expensive and should not be called too often.”
},

I believe this value has to be changed to > 2, but i don’t know how to do it.

I believe that the activity in Ui.Vision should address this parameter.

1 Like

Thanks for the details. We recreated the problem. It seems it always happens when UI Vision does not find an image with the first image search (e. g. because the image is not there). The same issue happens in Edge V92 (Chromium). We are looking into this ASAP.

Temporary workarounds:

Thanks again for reporting this issue. We fixed it with V6.2.7. The update will be available soon.

1 Like

Thanks, I just tested it and it worked.
Problem solved.

1 Like