Desktop OCR in progress

I recently upgraded UI Vision to version 9.1.5. I’m running a macro and Set Desktop Automation to TRUE. This done due to the app I’m working with. There is slight pause and a loop starts to process a number of records. So far, so good.

The next step is to execute a xClickTextRelatve command. When this command is executed, I’m now getting a new pop-up window that says “Desktop OCR in progress”. This is a 3rd variation of this macro and I have never seen this before. (The other 2 variations of this macro also use xClickTextRelative but they were developed in an earlier version of UI Vision)

There are 2 buttons: “Stop” and “Show GUI”. I’m not doing anything to this screen and it disappears and the macro continues to keep running.

(1) Why am I getting this window / pop-up now?
(2) Is there some setting I can change to prevent this pop-up?
(3) What causes this pop-up to appear?

Thanks for the help in advance…

Hi,

Have you tried upgrading to version 9.1.6?
Chrome web store should have the most recent version.

There are 2 buttons: “Stop” and “Show GUI”. I’m not doing anything to this screen and it disappears and the macro continues to keep running.

This looked awfully similar to the bug report observed in version 9.1.5 which was soon fixed in version 9.1.6.

Thanks for asking. This new dialog is a feature not a bug. Its purpose is to cover the Ui.Vision IDE during desktop OCR (not: in browser OCR). This avoids “false detections” when the OCR command found the text inside the IDE command table or in the log instead of on the rest of the desktop.

desktop ocr

So this dialog does not indicate an error of any kind. It is just there to make sure the OCRSearch, XClickText, XClickTextRelative, XMoveText and XMoveTextRelative commands do not search and click inside the open IDE instead of on the desktop. This helps during macro development and test, e. g. if you press “FIND” and the IDE is visible.

This looked awfully similar to the bug report observed in version 9.1.5

@impasta Well, technically it is indeed the same dialog layout as used by NODISPLAY :wink: