Clicking an element on an autorefreshing page

Hi there,

I am trying to use this extension for a survey website called Prolific. Once you have signed up you simply keep the web page open and studies appear as and when one suitable for you becomes available.

I want to see if it is possible to have a macro running that waits for a study to appear then click the study and click reserve place, from here I can complete the study myself. The problem is that any studies worth more than £1 seem to disappear so quickly that I can only imagine people have automated this process so I would like to do the same.

I am not a coder/programmer so only have a basic understanding of how to put this together. What I have so far is below but I’m unsure if this will work, also it seems that the macro cannot be running continuously to look for this element appearing although I may be wrong.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

{
“Name”: “Prolific”,
“CreationDate”: “2020-6-2”,
“Commands”: [
{
“Command”: “open”,
“Target”: “Prolific”,
“Value”: “”
},
{
“Command”: “waitForElementPresent”,
“Target”: “xpath=//[@id="app"]/div[2]/div/div/div/div[1]/ul/li/div/div/div[2]/span[3]",
},
{
“Command”: “click”,
“Target”: "xpath=//
[@id="app"]/div[2]/div/div/div/div[1]/ul/li/div/div/div[2]/span[3]”,
},
{
“Command”: “click”,
“Target”: “xpath=//*[@id="app"]/div[2]/div/div/div/div[2]/div/div[3]/div[1]/form/button/span”,
}
]
}

Studies appear on the left and then the information and reserve place button appear on the right. I recorded the above macro when a low pay study appeared but I’m unsure if the code will even work with every study that appears or just that one I used to record.

You can use a loop or times command to try to click and with errorignore YES the macro can continue always, when it find a studio can play a sound to advice you,

Thank you for your help! :slight_smile:

1 Like

amazing… show me more)

Hi bro and bras.
Guys, I faced the problem of not completing homework. The thing is, I got a job. I work every day after lectures, sometimes even on weekends. I physically do not have time to complete all the written assignments on my own. Tell me who uses what services for writing essays to order? Are you familiar with this service Do My English Homework for Me: How to Order Professional A+ Assignment Help | APlussEssay.com ? Maybe you know the peculiarities of cooperation with them? Thank you all in advance.