Click command to open select drop menu in ui vision do not work but in katalon recorder works with same xpath

@admin

I have noticed that ui vision do not opens some select drop menu with click command but same select drop menu will be open from katalon recorder using same xpath.

To test this bug you need wordpress and woocommerce (it’s free) online there are demo i added link to try the demo at the end of message.

See image with deails about this bug

Command using it in ui vision and katalon recorder (it’s a simple click on xpath):

{
“Command”: “click”,
“Target”: “xpath=//*[@id="mainform"]/table/tbody/tr/td/span/span/span/span[2]”,
“Value”: “”
}

Ui vision log (no error, detect element but do not open it)

[status]

Playing macro click-drop-menu

[info]

Executing: | click | xpath=//*[@id=“mainform”]/table/tbody/tr/td/span/span/span/span[2] | |

[info]

Macro completed (Runtime 0.54s)

Select detected element, show ui vision icon on element but not open it

Katalon recorder (use standard selenium command like ui vision)

katalon recorder

click working and detect and open select with same xpath of ui vision

katalon log
#### [info] Playing test case Untitled Test Suite / Untitled Test Case

#### [info] Time: Thu Oct 15 2020 23:59:47 GMT+0200 (Ora legale dell’Europa centrale) Timestamp: 1602799187280

#### [info] OS: Windows Version: 7

#### [info] Browser: Firefox Version: 81.0

#### [info] If the test cannot start, please refresh the active browser tab

#### [info] Executing: | click | xpath=//*[@id="mainform"]/table/tbody/tr/td/span/span/span/span[2] | |

#### [info] Time: Thu Oct 15 2020 23:59:47 GMT+0200 (Ora legale dell’Europa centrale) Timestamp: 1602799187406

#### [info] Test case passed

Why the same xpath in katalon recorder detect and open select from menu and in ui vision do not work, detect element, colored in green element but select do not open ?

To test this you need woocommerce demo, you can try it here:

Need an email to receive link to activate demo

click on Admin Dashboard
add an email
click on link received in email and access to admin area for demo

Now go on
WooCommerce
Settings
Advanced

Thanks for help

Thanks for the very detailed error report. => I confirmed the issue and we will look into to ASAP.

Just to clarify: What is the final goal here? Do you only want to open the drop-down, or actually select something?

Because I noticed Katalon records the same CLICK commands as the RPA software. But I assume you actually need SELECT, or?

I need to open and select value in drop menu

With ui vision with click command can not open select, after I open I can with xtype select a value (KEY_DOWN and KEY_ENTER)

With katalon recorder I can open the select but can not click a value inside (do not record nothing)

After more and more test i see the click command do not work well, this is not the only case when click command fails and do not activate/open a drop menu.

The good news is clickAt working and open the drop menu.

This is surprising. So clickAt in UI Vision works? If so, what coordinates did you use?

ClickAt working well in more sites where click fails

Coordinates will be recorded by ui vision, need to record macro with clickAt activate (in ui vision selenium menu).

I confirmed the issue and created an internal ticket (#783) for it. Thanks for reporting it!

1 Like

This issue is fixed with the V5.9.3 release. The reason was that our CLICK command did not trigger all the required Javascript events. Thanks again for the very helpful error reporting!

1 Like

Interestingly, in my case Click had been working great in version 5.8.8, but as soon as I updated to 5.9.3 Click is not working the same for my dropdown. I’m just a codeless automation office worker so I cannot offer anything as detailed as newuserkantu provided. I’ve been using xpath targets such as //*[@id=“grid-header”]/div/div/div/div[2]/button

I’ll try to download the prior version since it still worked on Chrome (the 5.9.3 was in Edge).

Amazing, now click working to open drop menu and to select options inside, very good :slight_smile: