Click command is not working (check box not found)

Here is the working iMacros command:
TAG POS=3 TYPE=DIV ATTR=TXT:Debit1234
It selects the debit card (checks the check box) from a list of debit cards.

In Ui.Vision I tried:
{
“Command”: “click”,
“Target”: “xpath=//div[contains(text(),‘Debit 1234’)]”,
“Value”: “”,
“Description”: “”
},

and
{
“Target”: “xpath=//div[contains(text(),‘1234’)]”,
},

but neither worked; the debit card checkbox is not found (the script times out).

p.s. I used ChatGPT to convert my one of my iMacros scripts to UI.Vision :-).

p.p.s How can get information about the UI.vision commands? For example xpath & contains? I looked here but not much info: UI Automation Open-Source Selenium IDE plus additional features, iMacros alternative

Hi, can you post a link to the website, so that I could test? It could be that the ChatGPT conversion made a mistake with the locator, but I am not sure. The Ui.Vision command looks ok, but I need to test it.

In general, if Click fails, I would try XClick or the XClick + image method. That will work for sure.

Did you see this iMacros → Ui.Vision command conversion page yet?

I am not able to post a link as it is in my PayPal account. XClick didn’t help.
Do you have a PayPal account? I am trying to select one of the debit/credit cards.

I tried to use the recorder. Playing it works, but I do not understand it and it is not very useful as it doesn’t reflect the debit card number “1234”:

{
“Command”: “type”,
“Target”: “id=CC-MD9B22HY7MVM6”,
“Value”: “CC-MD9B22HY7MVM6”,
“Targets”: [
“id=CC-MD9B22HY7MVM6”,
“name=selectedFI”,
“xpath=//*[@id="CC-MD9B22HY7MVM6"]”,
“xpath=//input[@id=‘CC-MD9B22HY7MVM6’]”,
“xpath=//li[6]/experience[2]/div/div/ng-transclude/div/input”,
“css=#CC-MD9B22HY7MVM6”
],
},

{
“Target”: “xpath=//[@id="xoSelectFi"]/div/div/div[2]/div/div/div/ul/li[6]/experience[2]/div/div/ng-transclude/div/label",
“Targets”: [
"xpath=//
[@id="xoSelectFi"]/div/div/div[2]/div/div/div/ul/li[6]/experience[2]/div/div/ng-transclude/div/label”,
“xpath=//li[6]/experience[2]/div/div/ng-transclude/div/label”,
“css=#xoSelectFi > div.row-fluid.justMember > div.span14.trayInner.reviewSections > div.reviews.reviews_first > div > div.trayInner.trayInnerDefault.multipleFi > div > ul > li:nth-child(6) > experience:nth-child(2) > div > div > ng-transclude > div > label”
],
},

1. In the first command, what does “type” do and why is it needed?
  2. In the second command, why don’t I see the debit card number “1234” as I see in iMacros?

I have Paypal. If you post a short video or screenshot(s) of what you want to automate, I can try it in my account. I dont use Paypal often, so I need the screenshots to find the right menu item.

Hi Ulrich,

I sent you a private message with a link that you can use to bring up a list of your
debit/credit cards. Then try to select one of the cards using UI.Vision.

Thank you!
Viking

Hi Ulrich,
Did you have a chance to look at this?
Thank you!
Viking

The link did not work for me, can you please post a screenshot of the website and were to click exactly? Of course, make sure to remove any sensitive information from it.

Hi Ulrich,
Hmm, I do not understand why the subscription link didn’t work. After you click on the link, it asks you to log in to PayPal and, after logging in, and it bring up a list of your linked debit and credit cards to use for the subscription.
I don’t know of any other way of bringing up the list of cards to use :frowning:

What happens after you click on the link?