Chrome OS UI Vision bookmarked macros have 10 second delay before playing

I am using UI Vision 8.1.3 on the Chrome OS (Chromebook). When run a bookmarked a macro there is a 10 second delay before the macro starts playing. The UI Vision window opens immediately but 10 seconds pass before UI Vision shows “Playing macro…” and subsequent commands execute. There is NO delay if I run the same macro from the UI Vision window instead of from a bookmark.

The chrome browser is version; Version 106.0.5249.134 (Official Build) (64-bit). The issue does not occur when using other browsers or on a Windows machine with the same Chrome browser.

thx

Grand Junction Food Bank

Thanks for this hint. As a test, can you please see if this old V6.2.8 version shows the same issue? I wonder if this a Chrome issue or an issue with manifest 2 vs manifest 3.

Another question is: Did V8.0.1 have the same issue?

Hello, thx for the response,

old V6.2.8 version works correctly. Here is a short video showing the issue in both old and new versions, old works, new does not.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Ko-S_Iop8oaNPvo6WN6roJW5w3jQJ3Kc/view?usp=sharing

I don’t believe Version V8.0.1 had the bookmarklet delay issue, as the issue just started happening this week. Not sure when I got upgraded to V8.1.3.

Also the same issue occurs if I create/run an autorun htlml, V8.1.3 delays 10 seconds.

Richard - Grand Junction Food Bank

I have the same problem. The UI Vision window opens immediately but 10 seconds pass before UI Vision shows “Playing macro…” and subsequent commands execute.

Reply for Ja1: If you need a workaround use version V6.2.8 for now, Chrome store link below.
Richard - Grand Junction Foodbank

Fixed meanwhile :slight_smile: