Building a scrap bot

Hi!

Apologies if this is a very basic question. However, I thought I would ask in the forums as I’m not 100% sure UI.Vision can do what I want and wondered if you could help.

I’ve been building a scraping tool that extracts data from our customer’s websites, we use this data as part of a back-end processing function for them. I’ve been using the Scrapy framework, 50% of the time it works every time. :slight_smile:

The problem: Scrapy uses Xpaths, so we build up the elements we want to scrape. This works great until the customer changes their website, turns out this happens quite a lot.

I’ve turned to RPA as I think I want to see if we can build a bot that extracts data based on attributes not paths. For example, on the website we are only really interested in a set of core things:

• Size
  • Colour
  • Type, etc

Our customers websites universally have these, along with an image.

So question is, can I use UI.Vision to tell a bot to head to a website, look for these things and extract the data?

Thanks in advance and sorry if this is a stupid question.

Normally could work .But why you dont try it .Its not so hard to test it.
If it is data from your websites or your customers should not be problem.If is data from strangers sites, should be a problem.Because many sites using anti-bot protections.