Automate button clicks in chrome extension

Hi everyone,

New User Alert<< , sorry…

I need to solve a problem for a good friend.
We are running a chrome browser extension called Meta-Mask. It is expanded to fill the browser window. It is a crypto currency wallet and we need to automate a button click when prompted.
Once this button is clicked, we need to automate a second button click, as shown in the images.

Button1:

Button2:

My question; Is this possible with UI.Vision RPA and where should I begin?

Many thanks in advance. This is extremely important to us and any help will be gratefully received!

Regards,
Chris.

Automating Meta-Mask is no problem with desktop automation. You need to use computer vision, because browser extensions are no websites, and thus the classic Selenium IDE-style commands can not be used.

To get started, see How to Automate your Chrome Browser Extension App

See also How to automate click on Extension icon

1 Like

Just to add…

In addition to the image driven automation if you can tab and click enter for the button you can also use Xtype which simulates the keystrokes.

2 Likes

Thanks, as you suggested, I have tried to tab around the UI and I can ‘tab & enter’ the various buttons on the page, even the pop-up once the button in the first image is clicked.
However, this type of automation (browser extensions) is new to me, so I will take your advice and read into this some more.
Thank-you kindly,
Chris.

Thank-you Ulrich!
Your support on this issue is highly appreciated!
I’ll check out the information in the links.

Cheers,
Chris.