API: Logfile sometimes not saved

Hi,

I am running uivision via the api, I am sending a lot of short commands via the api.

Regularly after about 20 - 30 commands the logfile is not downloaded.

Ia there a way to avoid this? would it be possible to access the internal log via xfiles?

Thank you for your help.

Best wishes

Anselm

Hi, we will try to recreate this. I have not seen that before. Some questions:

• Does this happen with Chrome and Firefox?

• Does anything unusual happen at this point, like a crash?

This is not possible currently, but this is a very good suggestion. I added it to our todo list.

Hi admin,

It happens in chrome. Most of the time it occurs when the macro repeatedly clicks on a tag on the bottom of the page to scroll down. Between each click there is 1s pause.

That said it happens in other macros as well…

I will try to create a video showing the problem.

Thank you for your help.

Hi,
I created two gifs showing the problem:
log_missing

and
log missing2

I have shortened the second gif removing parts where nothing happens.

It appears that sometimes the log file name of the last played macro is used again.

Thank you for your help.

1 Like

Getting something very similar. I have a macro that is called repeatedly, with the script telling it to log to a different log file name each time in the command line, the script then deletes the log file after it reads and uses it to keep the directory clean (since it has its own log). However, I am finding the log file names are being used again… At least no matter what I do, my directory ends up with several ‘log_xx_xx_xx_xxxxxx (1).txt’ and ‘log_xx_xx_xx_xxxxxx (2).txt’ files as if it tried to save the same log file multiple times or there was a name conflict (which, since the filenames are now different each time, containing individual timestamps which i added to hopefully avoid these conflicts, is very unlikely). I am using it in Chrome on Linux.