All OCR servers are down

Hello,
For some time now, I have had trouble using OCR, it randomly says this message “All OCR servers are down”.
Is this normal?
I use online OCR that I have paid.
Thanks

That is strange, because all PRO OCR Servers are up:

Just to clarify: So OCR always fails for you? Can you reach the ocr.space website?

No it fails sometime, and yes i can access to the ocr.space

Do you use engine 1 or 2?

And do you use a PRO or Enterprise RPA license? The OCR server for the free version is sometimes overloaded, but PRO OCR.space should never fail. It has 100% uptime due to redundant API endpoints.

Hi,

I’m relatively new to RPA. I like this tool very much and already build a pretty cool robot (if I may say so myself :slight_smile:) . However I’m having a small problem with a robot I build and it is related to this topic.

I regularly get the ‘all OCR servers are down’ message. I use a PRO license with engine 1. When I check the server status here: http://status.ocr.space/ mostly the servers show UP.

the log says:
2021-02-09T08:15:55.692Z - [warning] Error in OCR endpoint 1 after 22.5s: Unsuccessful HTTP response - tring next.
2021-02-09T08:15:55.782Z - [warning] Error in OCR endpoint 3 after 0.1s: Unsuccessful HTTP response
2021-02-09T08:15:55.799Z - [error] All OCR servers are down

What can I do about this?

Also, is it possible to pause the macro automatically when this happens instead of stopping it?

Thanks for any help!

rg, Maurice

Thanks for the log. So it tried only endpoint1 and 3, but not 2? That should not happen. We will test this ASAP.

How would pausing the macro help? So that you can restart it manually e. g. 5 minutes later?

Hi,

Thanks for your quick reply.

Regarding the break point/pause:
continuing the macro on a break-point would help me since I’m uploading files into bookeeping system. When I need to restart, I don’t want the macro to go over the same files again.

Now, when it stops, I delete the files that have already been processed. Then i start the macro again.

Alternative to this possible solution it would be an option to delete/move the files to a different location after they are uploaded. This was still work in progress on my part.