Add more seconds to error open' failed. No page load event detected after 5 seconds. Error detail: still same ipc secret

@admin

I’m noticing that when a page loads slowly it can show this strange error.

On line 4 I have the open command that loads a site.

It is normal that a site can load slowly but I do not understand why this error waits only 5 seconds

Is it possible to improve the handling of this error by setting a time greater than 5 seconds to appear?

I suggest to add option to set the seconds to show this error, 5 seconds it is too few.

[error][ignored]

Line 4: open' failed. No page load event detected after 5 seconds. Error detail: still same ipc secret

[error][ignored]

Line 4: open' failed. No page load event detected after 5 seconds. Error detail: still same ipc secret

[error][ignored]

[error][ignored]

[error][ignored]

Thanks

Have you tried WaitForPageToLoad | xxSeconds to see if that helps?

I already used WaitForPageToLoad always after open command

This error will be showed when a site is very slow and ui vision detect not loading.

The strange thing is “No page load event detected after 5 seconds”

5 seconds it too few.

I use !TIMEOUT_PAGELOAD to 300 and WaitForPageToLoad to 10

Hi, do you have a test case for us?

I have not a test case but this error is showed when a page loading slowly and ui vision try to execute next command and the page do not load.

Try to use a slow proxy and it’s easy to show this error.

Hi all, I was wondering if anyone had found a solution on this as I am experiencing the same error message and I haven’t found a solution yet to overcome this.

Basically the page is slow in loading and UI vision is trying to execute the next command but fails. I did added a pause between the commands, but as it is not possible to guess when the page is finished loading having a pause is not the best solution. So I was wondering if there was any other solutions that could help with this.

I recommend that you use visualAssert | image_on_new_page.png to wait for the new page to be fully loaded. This always works, because it is totally independent of any internal browser page load events, which may or may not be fired correctly.