A Few High Level Questions About Ui.Vision

Hi All,

I really could use your help as I am in dire need to take my Ui.Vision automation to the next level. To do this I need the following functionality and was hoping you could point me in the right direction if it is available even if I need to upgrade to a paid version no problem!!

1. Can Ui.Vision receive information for multiple (storeValue)'s via WebHook and/or RestAPI?
  • If yes, I have a two-part question about receiving the data:
    A. In a queue that would require a manual play?
    B. In a queue that would allow editing the storeValue’s received prior to running the macro?
  1. Can I somehow host the macros from a master account that would then push out the updated macros to my team?

2. Could I lock down the macros so my team couldn’t accidentally change the order of the script?

3. Could I develop specific macros for specific groups within my Org and push those macros out to only specific groups or users?

4. Could I install Ui.Vision as an iframe within a webpage to run automation?

I look forward to hearing back from everyone and greatly appreciate your responses!!

Can Ui.Vision receive information for multiple (storeValue)'s via WebHook and/or RestAPI?

Not directly, afaik. I know these ways to get data into RPA:

• scrape from website with storeValue (you could populate this website via RestAPI and/or webhook)

• read from CSV file ((you could create this CSV file via RestAPI and/or webhook)

• via command line interface and the ${!cmd_var1}, ${!cmd_var2} ${!cmd_var4} variables.

• Run the macro from website. This way the website can create/build the macro on the fly

1. Can I somehow host the macros from a master account that would then push out the updated macros to my team?

Yes! You can store the macros on a network drive, Dropbox folder or github source control. This requires using the hard-drive mode of the PRO Edition.

1. Could I lock down the macros so my team couldn’t accidentally change the order of the script?

Yes! See #2, you can make these files read-only.

1. Could I develop specific macros for specific groups within my Org and push those macros out to only specific groups or users?

Yes. But note that this is not a UIVision feature, but can be done on OS-level by using a network drive and setting the right permissions.

1. Could I install Ui.Vision as an iframe within a webpage to run automation

I don’t think so. But Demo Embed RPA software scripts into a website might also work for you. The macro is stored in the website so your team members only have to install UI Vision from the Chrome/Fx/Edge store once, and they can run the macros on their machine.

1 Like