Simple open command not working in new tab/ via bookmark

Hello

Can you please explain why a simple open command does not work when called from a bookmark on a focused empty tab. I also tried several of the demo macros and they have the same problem.

It works from the kantu console and if a webpage is already loaded in the tab in focus.

Chrome/windows

Thanks in advance
Osie

Can you post a screencast? Currently I don’t understand the problem. All commands should work when called from a bookmark!

I create a bookmark with demo tabs, run the bookmark with the bbc website loaded(which worked fine), then I create a new tab, and try to run it again… but it does nothing.

This was tested on a windows 7/32bit and a windows 10/64bit both under chrome.

Regards
Oz

Thanks for the screencast! And now I see that you mentioned it already in your first post: “…simple open command does not work when called from a bookmark on a focused empty tab”.

The way the bookmark feature works is that it runs a little Javascript to start Kantu and the macro (“bookmarklet”). But bookmarklets in general need a normal website to run. They do not work special pages such as the empty tab page, the Chrome settings pages and all Google Chrome store pages.

The macro works when you run it directly from Kantu.

From the video:

Okay… thanks for the reply.
It will not stop me using Kantu.

Is there a way to edit the website address inside the macro so that this does not happen? Because having to open a second or third tab is kind of annoying. It is happening to me with Firefox.

The open command will allow you to open a different website… The only issue is that you can not run a macro from an empty tab.

The only issue is that you can not run a macro from an empty tab.

To clarify:

• You can run a macro from an empty tab when started from the Kantu extension. The Kantu extension can load a new webpage by itself.

• You can not run a macro from an empty tab when started from a bookmark. The reason is that these Javascript “bookmarklets” need a “normal website” to work. So on an empty tab or e. g. the Chrome settings page the bookmark fails to run and thus Kantu is never started.