Unable to run same test script

in UI.Vision Kantu 5.0.8 on google chrome 75.0.3770.100 on Ubtuntu 16.04.6 I managed to import a test script I created earlier.

On the exact same webpage I recorded and tested it, it does not play anymore. The very first command

click xpath=/html/body/div[1]/main/div/div/div/div[1]/div/div/div/div[1]/div/div/ul/li[2]/ul/li[8]

returns an error

Cannot read property 'tab' of undefined

How to fix that? How to use UI.Vision to play a macro?

This is a very misleading error message. What it simply means is that you currently have a “special page” open in Chrome (e. g. settings page, start tab or extension page). On these pages extensions do not work (no extension can work there).

Solution: just open a normal web page in the browser

I have a normal web page open. The exact same web page I did the recording from.

Can you post a screencast?

Difficult question to answer but is the website using a redirect?

Possibly related post: [Recreator Required] Could not establish connection. Receiving end does not exist

You say you managed to import a test script you created earlier into Ubuntu: was the script created and tested in another OS environment? Are you running Ubuntu in Docker or a VM?

I don’t think Kantu likes anything that may interrupt a connection and I’m just wondering if there’s something that may be “getting in the way”.