UI Vision desktop (file system) vs UI Vision Web (local storage)

Hello,

I don’t really understand the difference between the 2 version, as I understand (RPA Software Pricing) , UI VIsion desktop can run local task and not only limited to the browser task ?

But is it possible to run task inside browser from UI Vision Desktop (and export task from local storage to file system) ?
It seems the free plan allow also to use both versions with the most part of functions (without OCR) ?
Is it possible to use UI Desktop to move downloaded files from an UI Vision browser and then move files to a specific folder outisde of the default download folder ?

For now I’m using UI Vision local storage storage to download reports from the web and then another tool (Robotask) to move and rename files to another folder … but maybee UI Vision can do all ?

Sorry for my poor english :slight_smile:

Thanks,

UI VIsion desktop can run local task and not only limited to the browser task?

Yes!

But is it possible to run task inside browser from UI Vision Desktop

Yes… UIVision is just one RPA software that can do both, web automation and desktop automation

It seems the free plan allow also to use both versions with the most part of functions (without OCR) ?

Yes. The free version also has OCR (screen scraping), but limited to only 100 conversions per day.

Is it possible to use UI Desktop to move downloaded files from an UI Vision browser and then move files to a specific folder outisde of the default download folder ?

Yes, see LocalStorageExport - Selenium IDE Commands Tutorial (you already know that, I think)

Also see XRUN to run scripts on demand. You can use such a script to move files or delete them.

…so for what you described/asked, the free plan works fine :smiley: