I initially thought this was my internet connection, but the issue did not occur in side by side testing with a different browser.
Description of issue: I would have what appeared to be “lag spikes” in firefox. Example: I send a message on discord and it takes 5-10s to send. Websites that stream continuous data wouldn’t update for a few seconds. I ran browser based testing and realized that it was the browser connection dropping out completely - a continuous test showed sudden moments where it would take 1s+ to get a response on the test packets, and a continuous speedtest would show my speed drop from 750 download to 0. This behavior resolved as soon as I disabled the extension. If needed, I can try to replicate this behavior and investigate potential causes.