Running multiple instances of UI.Vision RPA

My organization is trying to transition UI.Vision RPA since iMacros support is ending.
Currently we are able to run multiple instances of iMacros simutaneously with no problems.
Is this possible with UI.Vision RPA? It appears that it is not possible and as the first instance closes, it closes all others resulting in failures.

You can run many instances of Ui.vision using the Ui.Vision command line .

You need to make a new browser (e. g. Chrome) profile for each instance, so cookies and cache are not shared between the instances.

• If you only use HTML web commands, running multiple instances works flawlessly.
  • Of course, running multiple instances only makes sense if you are not using any XClick/XType commands because they take over the global mouse and keyboard, and would interfere with each other. But this was the same with iMacros DirectScreen commands.

That’s exactly what I’l doing, with the exception of profiles.
Only using TYPE commands
Problem is, we use a single VB Script with variables to start the command line for multiple usernames our PAM solution is managing.

You must use a new profile for each Ui.Vision. Otherwise it will not work. Each profile can have only one instance of Ui.vision running (same for any other browser automation extension, e. g. iMacros).

When you use profiles, it should work fine. Here is some command line with profiles code snippet.

Have to disagree with the iMacros assesment, we use the following with only 1 profile and it works perfectly:
set ObjiMacros = CreateObject(“imacros”)
Rc = ObjiMacros.iimOpen(“-cr”, True)
macroPath = Left(WScript.ScriptFullName, InstrRev(WScript.ScriptFullName, ""))
Rc = ObjiMacros.iimPlay(macroPath & WScript.Arguments.Named(“macro”) & “.iim”, timeout)

We could use a profile as you mentioned, but found that it works just fine without them

OK, tried that route
cmd = Chr(34) & “C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” & Chr(34) & " --profile-directory=Profile1 "
Chrome created the profile with no problem, however now Chrome can’t access kantu-file-access-host.exe so the macros sits until it times out.
I did a direct copy of the default profile and was able to run it, but not 2 at the same time (the other using the Default profile)
What am I missing?

imacros: Ok. Long time since i last used it. With ui.vision I know for sure that it shows an error message when you try to run a second instance in the same profile (something like “macro already playing…”)

Did you install Ui.Vision in the new profile? You must install Ui.Vision in each profile, However, you do not need to reinstall XModules. They automatically work in each profile (at least that is how it works for me, and according to the docs)

I did switch profiles in Chrome and install the extension
Set my VB script to --Profile-Dir=Default1
Set a second VB Script for another account to use Default
Still cannot run another Chrome session, just sits as cscrit and will not start Chrome
Any ideas?