[#Issue 656. Work in Progress] Firefox Xmodules not working after update

After yesterday’s updates firefox and the Ui.Vision are not working at all. The XModules are not showing as installed. I have removed and reinstalled firefox and xmodules several times with out success. The Add-on also appears to stop firefox closing in the background, as when I relaunch firefox it responds that is running in the background but not responding

Hi, is this on Windows, Mac or Linux?

Operating system is Windows

Windows 10 or …? And the language is English or… ?

It is English, and prior to the updates to Both Firefox and Xmodules, everything worked very well.

The same issue does not appear to have affected Chrome

Update : Chrome is showing Installed (v1.0.10) not (v1.0.12)

The issue appears to be that when I exit firefox after launch the ui.vision interface, it is not closing the background application. If I exit firefox without going into ui.vision it exits properly.

Add a screencast or screenshot please.

It’s important know if new xmodules working or is bugged.

We tested on English Win 10 and all works well for us. I am especially unsure why only Firefox is affected. Technically these are the same binaries.

So it might be a problem with the UI Vision Firefox extension itself and not the new XModules (@newuserkantu suspects this, too). But we need to recreate it to debug it :roll_eyes:

Admin Xmodules 052019 with Kantu 5.1.9 on firefox ESR 60 working.

I add an image.

When I tried Xmodules 082019-082019a with Kantu 5.2.3 on firefox 69 and firefox ESR 60 in the same machine sometimes the xmodules will not detect (sometimes will be detect and sometimes not), I closed and reopened more times firefox to check this).

I suspect when xmodules 082019 will not detect from Firefox Kantu create a loop and cpu go on 100%.

To verify i suggest you with Kantu for firefox 5.2.3 + xmodules 082019a to create a simple batch file and try to run more times firefox wth a macro that use xmodules and check if sometimes xmodules will not detect and macro failed to start (for my opinion is random the detection).

firefox ESR 60 + kantu 5.1.9 + xmodules 052019 working on windows 7 32 bit italian (no freeze, no cpu 100%)

1 Like

Win8.1x64
Chrome - OK
Firefox - Not installed

2 Likes

Hi have the same problem, sometimes firefox detect the xmodules 20198a sometimes no, try with a batch file to run multiple times firefox with hard drive mode and you see this problem.

I reported in the forum but not solved.

Welcome back to the forum it was a long time since I saw you writing.

Hi

Check xmodules 20198a and firefox addons 5.2.3 because in my opinion latest xmodules and latest firefox addons do not work and there are others users that report this, please check admin

@admin

No reply, no support, no solution why ?

How can you work with a software with bugs ?

How do you think someone will buy your software by reading that have bugs ?

Do something and try to solve problems.

Do not read that already several users have reported the problem and you of the assistance you have not done anything to solve the problem, why ?

Please read and investigate the problem to find a solution otherwise users will go and buy other software to automate that do not have the serious flaws that Kantu has.

@commensal @fellcroft
For users who have this problem please write it here otherwise kantu assistance will do nothing to fix it we keep this post active otherwise it will never be fixed.

The problem is that we can not recreate the issue. That is the key challenge here :frowning:

@newuserkantu (or others): I would be happy to give you remote access to our test systems via Teamviewer or AnyDesk if you think you can recreate it. Maybe we do things (by chance) in a certain way that avoids the issue…?

Or any idea what is different on your system(s)…

@newuserkantu Did you test with the latest beta version 5.2.15? This version contains a few Firefox related fixes. Another fix for Firefox 70 is on its way with the next update. It would be great to know if using this version changes anything for you.

Beta: UI.Vision RPA - Chrome Web Store

Thanks for reply

I tested Kantu for firefox not Chrome

I tested this firefox addons 5.2.3

https://addons.mozilla.org/it/firefox/addon/kantu/

With xmodules 201908a

https://ui.vision/rpa/x/download

On Windows 7 32 bit on virtualbox (my windows is base version with service pack 1).

It’s not just me who has this problem, if you read in the forun there are various reports so it’s a general problem of the new xmodules or firefox addons 5.2.3

Ok - the new Firefox version of 5.2.15 will be available in roughly 10 days.

1 Like

Thanks i wait to try new addons