[Recreator Required] No tab with id: 1662

There has to be an answer to this bug.
It is opening and focusing on a new tab when a link is clicked.
Then when the tab is automatically closed it shows this error, “No tab with id: 1662.”

Update: So I think I’ve found the source of the problem.
The problem is, when I open a new tab and the script selects it (selectWindow - tab=1), the new tab is now selected and in focus.
The problem is that the tabs are closed automatically by another script in another extension.
So when the tab is closed, the waitForElementPresent command is still running on the tab that was closed and so this crash.
So my question is, is there a way to know when the secondary tab is closed by the user/otherwise and then continue afterwards, i.e. wait for a secondary tab to close?
Is there any way to do this?
Regards,
David

Can you please add a screencast for this issue? I tried to recreate it, but in my test case, when I manually close a tab opened by UI.Vision, the macro continues in the now active tab. This is the way it should be. And it seems for some reason it does not work in your case.

I found out when this problem occurs. you simply have to have windows at 95% used ram, at this point you start your browser and after you start a macro from favorites in this case you will notice this problem.

The problem occurs because with little free memory Windows uses the disk cache memory which is much slower than ram and therefore the macro takes many seconds to run and ui vision tries to run the macro immediately after loading the link from favorites.

Try, if your browser is slow because it loads for disk cache and frequently notice this error.

You need to introduce a preventive check that starts the macro only after everything is fully loaded in browser.

I got to check this error numerous times when I was at 95% busy ram, once the memory is freed the problem no longer occurs.

The problem occurs both by starting the macro from the links in the bookmarks and by command lines.

Try, just create a virtual macchine and assign little ram so you can notice the slow browser load and then see this bug that always shows a different TAB ID

@admin

Read my reply can help you to solve this bug.

Thanks

Interesting! We will test it asap!

1 Like