Nested Variables or Variables Inside Variables Requested

Hello - I am also wondering if there has been any update or perhaps what the timeline is around supporting variables inside variables e.g. to reference TestVar1 using {TestVar{NumVar}}. I am often working with an unknown number of variables in a loop that I am running so I can’t reference them in my CSV without a nested variable unless someone else knows a workaround.

Thanks!

I need the same checking existence of dynamic variable names!

I can create already a dynamic named variable but I can’t test it if I don’t know the name:

You can have arrays with the execute script command:

In this example we first create the array “a” and then access the 2nd element:

{
  "Name": "array",
  "CreationDate": "2019-10-19",
  "Commands": [
    {
      "Command": "executeScript_Sandbox",
      "Target": "return new Array ('cat','dog','fish','dog','deer','frog','whale','dog','seal','horse','elephant')",
      "Value": "a"
    },
    {
      "Target": "return ${a}[2];",
      "Value": "var"
    },
    {
      "Command": "echo",
      "Target": "var=${var}",
      "Value": ""
    }
  ]
}
2 Likes

Hello.

I have learned from your post how to pass an array value to a var but i wonder how to pass variable value into an array position, moreover, id like to modify directly the arrray without using aux vars.

Example i have an array of 10 elements as counters, so the new defined array is like 0,0,0,0,0,0…

I want to increase counters by 1 every time a condition is met, i have now 10 times this:

{
      "Target": "return number ${counter1} + 1;",
      "Value": "counter1"
    },

{
      "Target": "return number ${counter2} + 1;",
      "Value": "counter2"
    },

and wanted to convert into something like:

{
      "Target": "return number ${arrraycounter}[${counter}] + 1;",
      "Value": "arrraycounter[${counter}]"
    },

but it doesnt work, either it gives me an error or dont store the value at all or doesnt store the correct value.

Thanks

Full array support arrived with V5.5.6, see Arrays in UI vision Selenium IDE++ - #5 by admin