• Error - shows [error]
  • No log - shows nothing

Is it possible to add Status so that Echo shows only [echo] and [error]

• All - shows [info],[status],[echo],[error]
  • Status - shows [status],[echo],[error]
  • Echo - shows [echo],[error]
  • Error - shows [error]
  • No log - shows nothing

When I’m testing/debugging, I insert [echo] in my code to show values, what state I am, etc. But the [status] gets in the way of the flow. I can of course, just store them locally, then filter them out.

I’m using the [echo] to show the end user what’s happening. For now, I’m writing out what’s happening to a CSV file instead. And then the user can open it at the end to confirm that all the steps were completed (basically, looping through a CSV and taking an action for each row. The output CSV would show the results for each row)

2 Likes

This is a useful idea. I added it to our todo list.

Just to complete your list: Echo… #shownotification and the prompt command are also good ways to inform the users.

3 Likes

Hi @admin. Just wondering if you have the opportunity to be implementing this change soon. Here’s an example of how I use it. Note that I also log it in a CSV file that the user can inspect later. But having it interactively show the progress would be great

CURRENT

[status] Playing macro MainModule
[echo] 6 - VOLKSWAGEN
[status] Running ‘SubModule’, called by ‘MainModule’
[status] Playing macro SubModule
[status] Finished running ‘SubModule’, returning to ‘MainModule’
[echo] 7 - DAIMLER
[echo] 8 - ALLIANZ
[warning] Web page connection issue. Retrying last command.
[echo] 9 - BMW GROUP

DESIRED - only show [echo]

[echo] 6 - VOLKSWAGEN
[echo] 7 - DAIMLER
[echo] 8 - ALLIANZ
[echo] 9 - BMW GROUP

With the CURRENT implementation, the user only sees the last 9 [echo] items as looks like the Logs window will show only about 60 lines. So all the [status] updates uses up the lines.

With the DESIRED implementation, user would see all the 39 items in the example I show above.

As always, thank you for all the work on UI.Vision / Kantu. Looking forward to see this implementation in a future release.

Hi @admin. Any updates on when this might be implemented?

I appreciate that you have a lot more important things to do but this shouldn’t be that difficult and would be very useful. Thanks!

It would be fantastic having this feature +1

A different suggestion:
why wont we change the filter menu to be menu of checkboxes, where the user will choose what type of lines (combinations) he want to see (status, error, echo, etc)

2 Likes

Available now in V6.1.1:

1 Like