Imacros to ui vision

Hello everyone.
I’m new to UI VISION. I’ve spent some time understanding the imacro language and I must say I was particularly impressed by the possibilities offered by this software.

Unfortunately, it’s been abandoned, which I don’t understand.
There are millions of users worldwide.
So I have to convert my imacros to UI VISION.
I’ve looked at the demonstration models, which are very useful, but I haven’t found everything.

Could you help me convert some instructions to get started.
Thank you very much for your help.
Patrice

TAB T=2
TAG POS=1 TYPE=TD ATTR=TXT:“0023_____________________ BILAN”
'SET !EXTRACT NULL
TAG POS=R34 TYPE=TD ATTR=TXT:* EXTRACT=TXT
'HORAIRE TRAVAILLE
'WAIT SECONDS=1
TAB T=1
TAG POS=1 TYPE=TD ATTR=TXT:“0001 BILAN "
TAG POS=R1 TYPE=A ATTR=TXT:Compl
'WAIT SECONDS=8
TAG SELECTOR=”#id_amesure_01" CONTENT={{!EXTRACT}}
SET !EXTRACT NULL
TAB T=2
TAG POS=R-6 TYPE=TD ATTR=TXT:* EXTRACT=TXT

Converting this imacros macro to ui vision should be no problem. Plus Ui.vision is open-source which protects us Ui.Vision users, since we all have access to the source code (unlike imacros).

For the conversion: I guess you have seen this imacros alternative help page already?

If so, at which command(s) do you get stuck? Or, if you include the URL of the website (so that I can run the macro), I could also convert the macro for you.

Hello
Thank you very much for your message.
Besides imacros I also use libre office and I know very well the obasic language for both calc and draw. If you need anything I’ll be happy to help.
As for UI VISION, I’ve looked at imacro alternative but I don’t think I’ve found all the answers.

The site I use is pay-per-use with a personal subscription, so I can simply send you some photos.
a) The first imacros instruction is to identify an area on the web page by name.
TAB T=1 TAG POS=1 TYPE=TD ATTR=TXT:"BRUNOT VANESSA*

"
b) Once this area has been identified,
The instruction commands a click by moving over the 1-column table on the area to be completed.
Thank you very much
Patrice

I also used imacros for many years and the relative tag (+ and -) was very useful for finding nearby elements, unfortunately on ui vision there is no relative command like the one in imacros where you could also set the quantity of relative elements (+10 +15 -2 and similar).
I recommend that you completely redesign your macro based on the commands available on ui vision.

Ui vision has some relative commands for image automation but they are very limited compared to the relative command of imacros where you could find any element relative to another.

A possible solution to relative tag is to use xpath axes but they are very complex to handle you can study them and find a good fixed element to detect another dynamic element but it is much more difficult than imacros relative tag

Here info

Thank you very much for your information.

Indeed, the instruction that allows you to move in a slow-motion position relative to an anchor point is very useful.
I’ve looked at alternative instructions with UI VISION but it seems to me very complicated.
Why can’t we ask for a development of this instruction, which would help so many people?

See you soon
Patrice

A possible solution with ui vision to search for an item when there are many similar ones is to use a generic xpath and insert the item number at the end.

Example for the avatar of this post (have all the same xpath)
xpath=(//img[@class=‘avatar’])[10]

[10] is the number of avatar and increasing it you can find other avatats in the page

I advise you to rethink your automation not using imacros but looking for solutions with the ui vision commands of which there are many.

Years ago when I also migrated from imacros to ui vision I also thought that I wouldn’t be able to convert my old macros but after little by little studying ui vision I understood that it has much more commands and therefore there are numerous different solutions for automating compared to the few imacros commands which were very limited.

identify an area on the web page by name

=> If I understand you correctly, you use the iMacros relative click to find something in table column (column 1 in your example), and then click on something next to it (column3)?

=> If so, the XPath contains command can replace the iMacros relative click :grinning:

The learning curve of XPath contains vs iMacros relative click is a bit steep, but XPath is a standard that it used by many tools (eg Selenium). Plus, ChatGPT or Bard can help with it nowadays :wink:

Thank you very much for your advice.

I think I’ve figured out the trick.
I’ll give it a try this weekend and keep you posted.

Many thanks
Patrice

Thank you very much for your advice.

Many thanks
Patrice

Hello everyone.
I’m coming back to you after having read the numerous documentations on UI VISION on your advice.
It’s complicated, in any case much more than imacros.
With Imacro, the marker allows you to start reading the web page from a specific text and then continue exploring the web page.

Does UI Vision offer the same options?
As I said, I first select the name (for exemple BRUNOT) on the web page, then click on the first ‘A COMPLETER’ to the right of the word.

The order of the web page changes regularly, so I have to identify the word and then click on the precise word to the right.
Thank you very much for your reply.

HI

Ui vision does not have a similar command the relative tag of imacros (TAG POS=R34 or TAG POS=R-5) which went both at the top and at the bottom of the page being able to choose any element not necessarily the next one (if I search in the tenth element after an element with imacros it was very simple to achieve, with ui vision is very difficult especially if it is not a table because there are very good solutions with ui vision to search in tables).

I have used imacros for many years and initially when I migrated to ui vision I was demoralized after studying and reading the forum I learned numerous ui vision commands that manage to automate better than imacros.

Ui vision has many additional commands and often just thinking of a new command is enough to obtain the same result as imacros which had few commands.

Ui vision can also use image recognition (to automate a browser extension that would be impossible with imacros) or emulate the keyboard or mouse (for a flash game or a modern site where imacros could not work) and imacros did not have these functions therefore ui vision can give more than imacros which was limited only to working in the browser.

Unfortunately ui vision is much more difficult to use but having many commands available it is often the only solution to automate a job.

With xpath axes you can find elements next to other elements but they are very difficult commands, you won’t find explanations even in this forum.
I studied the xpath axes on stackoverflow.com but they are very complex to use but they allow you to find elements close to others

Example:
xpath=(//span[text()=‘Reply’]/preceding::button[@title=‘like this post’])[1]

This find the like button preceding text Reply for first post [1]

See image
xpath

• Hello everyone
    I understand how to identify zones in a web table.

You need to make a loop with a test to check that the word is present on a given row of the table.
When the word is present, the line is located and the column next to it on the same line can be reached.

In fact, this is the classic alogorithm used with other languages
OOBASIC, C++ or PYTHON etc.
What’s surprising is that imacro allows this search without having to do a loop.
In any case, thank you very much for all your comments and your encouragement.
Have a good weekend.t item

Hello again

I’m still reading the forum

xpath=//table/tbody/tr[td//text()[contains(.,“text string”)]]/td[1]

If I have understood correctly, a loop can be avoided.

td corresponds to the line on which the name is found and you can therefore click on the td line with the chosen column;

In fact it’s the line you’re looking for on which the word is found.

If this possibility exists, it’s great
Have a nice week end

HI

Yes, the loop is not necessary because it directly searches for the line containing the condition (anchor + searched text).

Sometimes finding xpaths of this type can be complicated but they allow you to do better work.

In my experience with ui vision I noticed that by thinking carefully about the various commands you always find a solution to automate, you often have to think and try various commands but among the many commands there is always a solution.

In case there is no solution you can use automation with images (fixed or relative) and using the TAB key you can go back and forth through the elements of the web page.

It is a great ui vision software with great potential, you just need to know the many commands it has that allow you to carry out many jobs