Frequent message Could not establish connection. Receiving end does not exist

I was out of the office this past Friday and Monday, today I’m back and re-running some scripts and I’m frequently getting messages such as:

Could not establish connection. Receiving end does not exist.

This seems to happen sporadically after the ClickAndWait command. The strange thing is I’m on the following page, meaning Kantu did click on the link, but then it seems to never see that took place.

I’m not sure if there was a recent update that may be causing this. I did find a post or two of similar behavior but those were from over a week ago and this literally just started happening to me today.

Thanks for any help, input. I’m kind of working around it by adding what seem to be unnecessary pause commands.

Strange. Can you add a screencast of the issue?

There was no UI.Vision update in the last weeks.

Thanks for the response. I agree it’s strange. I’m suddenly having a lot of issues. Just received this error for the first time: still same ipc secret after a timeout trying to load a page. These things simply were not happening before so I don’t know what has changed. I’d screencast if I could but since I’m dealing with client data I’m unable to do so, and even then the issues seem to occur randomly in the script (playing it once will yield these errors, but the next time it might happen in a completely different part of the script). I’m playing around with possible work arounds but I may have to go back to my old tool I was trying to move away from since I’m creating these scripts for a third party to run, I don’t want to have to deal with inconsistent behavior. Oh, one last thing that happened to me today was I updated Chrome (from 74 to 76 or something like that), afterwards all of my macros were gone (browser stored macros). Fortunately I had exported the json for most things so it’s not that big of a deal but if I had not my soul would have been crushed :smiley:

If you have a small macro to recreate the issue, we can debug this further.

Here are some potential workaround ideas:

  • Replace ClickAndWait by a simple Click. This should solve the issue. We plan to deprecate ClickAndWait in the future, since it is not really required.

  • But if suggestion 1 does not work: You can use store | true | !errorignore for the part with the errors. This can be a “quick and dirty” solution.