Button with javascript does not trigger since 7.0.11

I’m glad you guys got in.
The environment should be available for several weeks.
Thank you for looking into this issue.

By the way, I’m from Berlin but moved to San Francisco a long time ago. And I’m heading back to Berlin to visit family. I think you guys are also from Germany. :slight_smile:
But I won’t make it to Heidelberg though ;).

1 Like

This here is maybe the same issue: 7.07 - 7.09 xpath is not working in Chrome (while 6.3.3 in Edge is doing well)

Hi, I hope you are doing well. Just checked with the new version 7.0.13 the issue with the button click still seems not to be fixed.Just to let you know.
Any ETA when this is fixed?

Thank you
Hendrik Kupfernagel

We debugged this. The behavior is because of this error happens on the page:

• Refused to execute inline script because it violates the following Content Security Policy directive: "script-src 'self'". Either the 'unsafe-inline' keyword, a hash ('sha256-dz5/ViEzJ5z9SAauMGaoy7r82pLlnkS8ZdM1Dpx1ZcE='), or a nonce ('nonce-...') is required to enable inline execution.
  • Salesforce page has the CSP

Somehow content script of 6.2.8 (manifest 2) could work around that, but manifest 3 can’t.

=>

Solution: Your best option is to use XClick. If you simply replace the one “do nothing CLICK” with XClick it works great.

PS: You can contact me at team AT ui.vision and I can provide you with a free license key as “thank you” for this good test case.

1 Like

You guys are great. I will send you an email shortly.
–Hendrik

xClick stopped working on this as well.
To get around this I had to put a “Breakpoint” in my script to click the button now manually and then resume the script :(.

I have several other pages where xclick and click does not work anymore. This is not pretty. Sorry.

For the XClick issue: Is this the same website as before? Then we can test it. Can you please resend the login details? Thanks!

Yes, this is the same website before we had set up for you for testing. Unfortunately I can’t find the email I sent you before anymore with the access data and the URL for the website. Also I’m not sure that website is still active as it was a testing account usually expires after few months. Unfortunately, we don’t have the resources here at UCSF right now to set up another testing environment for you.

It’s ok because xClick is a less reliable workaround I did not prefer anyway. The website needed to stay on focus to make this work. The real issue to get this resolved with “click” command as it used to work in the older version 6 was never addressed.
We here at UCSF need more reliable automation solutions as we have seen till in version 6. We also dealing with issues where the scripts suddenly stops executing for now reason with no warning messages or disconnects more frequently from the browser tab and stops.

Anyway, I always appreciated your quick response to issues reported.

I thought I mentioned it already in an email to you, but maybe not? The challenge is that the “old” Click approach works only with Chrome manifest V2. This is no longer technically with the manifest V3 changes in Chrome. This is beyond our control. Of course, until early(?) 2023 you are welcome to use the old version. Just at some point Google (not we!) will turn it off.

As for the browser having to stay in the foreground for XClick. That is true. If this is a problem, we usually recommend to run the RPA automation in a virtual machine. Even a small and free Linux Virtual Box would do.

We also dealing with issues where the scripts suddenly stops executing for now reason with no warning messages or disconnects more frequently from the browser tab and stops.

That is something we are investigating. If this is an issue for you, I recommend you stay on V6.2.8 for now, or add some retry logic to the calling script. I totally agree, this issue must be fixed.

thank you for always following up with issues.

As for xClick it appears it seems to click on the location but then the mouse rests next to the object that I try to click. It appears to me that the xClick does not target the elements properly. Instead in reality it clicks below and right to the targeted element

Here is an example where I try to click on “Rare” which is does but without any effect and the mouse then comes to a “rest” next to it. I have seen this now on other of our websites as well where I use xClick.

Second is a situation (second screen shot). It suppose to click the the upper slider but instead it clicks on the “Medium” element which happen to be located a little bit be more down to the right.
Note: this section is in an IFrame I have to reference first

{
“Command”: “selectFrame”,
“Target”: “index=0”,
“Value”: “”,
“Description”: “”
},
{
“Command”: “XClick”,
“Target”: “xpath=(//span[text()=‘Rare’])”,
},

For both tasks I recommend that you try the new local RPA OCR. This also avoids dealing with the iFrame. The commands would be:

1. XClick | ocr=Rare

2. XClick | ocr=Possible

Hi,

1. I tried to use Click, that is not not working
  2. Then I try a proposed work around the issue using xClick, also not working.
  3. Then I try a work around for a work around xClick with ORC, still not working, not targeting the right element / location (as described above few times) It does not target the right location on the website to click on the desire element. It clicks into the web site but of the desire target:
    My code
    {
    “Command”: “bringBrowserToForeground”,
    “Target”: “”,
    },
    {
    “Command”: “XClick”,
    “Target”: “ocr=Rare”,
    },

results to:

THIS USED TO WORK WITH VERSION 7 BUT BROKE IN VERSION 8. Maybe when you did implement the new ORC engine you broke something for xClick.

It seems as somehow the XClick calibration fails on your system. Is the browser zoom level set to 100%?

Test: If you run the included DemoXClick and DemoXMove macros, do they work ok?

They work fine in my test with V8.0.1 just now:

Hi,

1. Browser is on zoom 100%. (That would have been a good catch I was not thinking about)
  2. DemoXclick is failing inside of the script: [error]
    Line 3: timeout reached when looking for element ‘linkText=will click this link’
  3. xMove seems to do some things in the page but does not move any sliders. Ends with the error message: * [error] Line 17: Expected variable warmth to be 2000, but it is 1300

UPDATE: I had to set my Chrome browser to Zoom 110% to make it all work! It does not work on Zoom 100%!. Can we fix this to make it work with zoom 100%?

Ok, now that is super strange. It should be just the other way around :thinking:

Does it mean the Salesforce XClick works with zoom 110% as well?

If so, maybe try using a fresh (new ) Chrome profile and reinstall UI Vision there.

Hi,

1. Yes xClick and your ORC only works when I set my zoom level to 110%
  2. xClick does not work with any website (not just Salesforce but also does not work work with yours) when my browser is set to zoom 100%
  3. I reinstalled Kantu but it did not resolve the issue
  4. I can not reinstall my chrome browser and find out if that resolved the issue
  5. I can not work with the work around to set my browser to be set to 110% every time I run kantu scripts. So I would appreciate if that bug can be investigated and be fixed.

NOTE: It seems to have an impact if either the browser window is maximized or not. It only runs xClick on 110% if the browser window is maximized.

Please keep in mind that I have not seen this issue in version 7. It seems to be introduced in version 8.
Is it possible to roll back to version 7?

Please let me know if you have any other questions.
Regards
Hendrik Kupfernagel

You do not need to reinstall Chrome to test this. Adding a new, fresh profile should do the same:

We have no other reports of this “110%” issue, so at the moment my best guess is a corrupted Chrome profile.

OK, So when I created a new profile it actually worked which made me my head scratching. And then I found out what the issue was (you might want to add this to your resolution note):

What what happened was that not the browser was off 100% zoom but the Kantu console window was NOT set to zoom normal !!!
No idea how it had changed but once I set it back to “Norma” everything went well. Also interesting is that the zoom offset from the Kantu console survived when I reinstalled it.

I had to create an account just to thank both of you
turns out that zooming was also the issue for me after much searching for two days
I am using Edge browser which allows vertical tabs but he has a side effect of zooming your page to 110 thank you it works now