Batch file induced by xRun is closed together with the macro closure in Firefox using closeRPA=1 (Chrome is ok)

Like in title already mentioned, Batch file induced by xRun is closed together with the macro closure in Firefox using closeRPA=1.
Any other app that was induced by a batch file, such as other browsers or Excel, is also closed when the macro is closed. In this case it also applies to xRunAndWait.
This Bug is only in Firefox in Chrome works everything fine.

NOT WORKING
Firefox Version 95.0.2 (64-Bit)
UI.Vision RPA Version 6.2.6

WORKING
Google ChromeVersion 96.0.4664.110 (Offizieller Build) (64-Bit)
UI.Vision RPA Version 6.2.8

Thanks for this report. We will test it soon.

Meanwhile as workaround you can use the method #2 from this post. It helps to decouple the Ui RPA instance from the app that is launched:

Start the batch file/VBS file/PowerShell/AppleScript independently and make it wait for a file to appear. And XRUN does nothing else than triggering a 2nd (tiny) script that writes this file. Once the file appears, the main script does its work (in your case this would be launching a certain app, in other examples it was sending special keystrokes).

Here is the approach shown on Windows: XRUN calls a VBS file that does nothing else than writing a “abc.txt” file. The Powershell script runs as admin and waits for this file to start its admin level work.

1 Like

Thank you for your quick reply, you are doing a great job!
In general, this workaround is great, I use a similar one in other cases.
Unfortunately, in my particular case, this workaround cannot be used when many different browser profiles are being automated and memory leaks occur. I have to close RPA after the macro finishes to avoid the memory leaks mentioned and first then start the next one in a different browse profile.
Please let me know roughly when you will likely fix this bug in FF so I can decide whether to wait for the update or switch all profiles to Chrome.
Many thanks in advance!

Sorry, you are right, this workaround will work! The whole administration of profiles will be in PowerShell. This is a great idea anyway :wink: Thank you very much!

2 Likes