Alternate xpaths seem to be being ignored in 7.07, fine in 6.2.6

Weird behaviour with 7.07 and Chromium-based browsers.
An explanation. In the Brave browser, the first xpath works fine but for Opera the first alternative xpath is needed.
For the Brave browser, I use the following xpath and alternatives:

{
  "Command": "click",
  "Target": "xpath=//*[@id='__PWS_ROOT__']/div/div[2]/div/div/div/div[2]/div[2]/div/div/div/div/div/div/div/div/div/div/div/div[3]/div/div[2]/div/div/div/div/div/div[2]/div/div/div/div/div[2]/div",
  "Value": "",
  "Targets": [
	"xpath=//*[@id='__PWS_ROOT__']/div/div[2]/div/div/div/div/div/div/div/div[2]/div/div/div/div[2]/div/div/div/div/div[2]",
	"xpath=//*[@id='__PWS_ROOT__']/div/div[2]/div/div/div/div/div/div/div/div[2]/div/div/div/div[2]/div/div/div/div/div[2]/div/em",
	"xpath=//*[@id='__PWS_ROOT__']/div/div[2]/div/div/div/div/div/div/div/div[2]/div/div/div/div[2]/div/div/div/div/div[2]/div[2]/div",
	"xpath=//*[@id=\'__PWS_ROOT__\']/div/div[2]/div/div/div/div[2]/div/div/div/div/div/div/div/div/div/div[3]/div/div[2]/div/div/div/div/div/div[2]/div/div/div/div/div[2]/div",	
	"xpath=//div/div/div/div/div[2]/div/div/div/div/div[2]/div",
	"css=#__PWS_ROOT__ > div.App.AppBase > div.appContent > div > div > div > div.XiG.gpV.ujU.zI7.iyn.Hsu > div > div > div > div > div > div > div > div > div > div.l7T.ujU.zI7.iyn.Hsu > div > div.DUt.qJc.sLG.zI7.iyn.Hsu > div > div > div > div > div:nth-child(1) > div.Cii.zI7.iyn.Hsu > div > div > div > div > div.C9q.sLG.ujU.xvE.zI7.iyn.Hsu > div",
	"css=#__PWS_ROOT__ > div:nth-child(1) > div.appContent > div > div > div > div.XiG.gpV.ujU.zI7.iyn.Hsu > div.XbT.zI7.iyn.Hsu > div > div > div > div > div > div > div > div > div > div > div > div.l7T.ujU.zI7.iyn.Hsu > div > div.DUt.qJc.sLG.zI7.iyn.Hsu > div > div > div > div > div > div.Cii.zI7.iyn.Hsu > div > div > div > div > div.C9q.sLG.ujU.xvE.zI7.iyn.Hsu > div"
  ]
},

It works without needing to use any of the alternatives.

In Opera, however, the command only works if I swap the first alternative xpath for the main one. With it swapped, Brave fails.
In both cases the failure message is “timeout reached when looking for element 'xpath= etc.”

When used with Firefox and 6.2.6, either works fine because the alternatives are being checked when the first fails.

I hope that makes sense.
Mark :slight_smile:
(As an aside, it’s weird that different xpaths are required for Brave and Opera.)

Did you overlook this issue with the Click command, @ulrich ? It’s still an issue in 7.0.8
Cheers,
Mark

Thanks for reminding us of this. I confirmed it and we will look into it.

Good to know :slight_smile: Thanks!

Fixed with V7.0.11 today.

Great news. I’ve just tested it and I see the alternative xpaths are being checked. Thanks!