Xmodules for Windows EXE download blocked

xmodules download is blocked in our organization, is there any other ways or work around ?

Can you add more details what it means is blocked? is not allowed to install .exe files? if you can explain better, thank you

Sorry, download itself is blocked!!!

As a test, can you download the Mac and Linux versions? (These are ZIP files, not EXE)

And are these kind of downloads normally blocked for you, or “only” from our website?

Yes, I’m able to.
This is because of exe download, treating as virus or suspicious.

I generated a ZIP format installer for XModules for Windows. Does this work for you?

To install:

1. Copy the content of this ZIP file to a folder of your choice

TIPS:

Do NOT move the XModules folder after the installation. The reason is that the installation script tells Chrome and/or Firefox where to find the the XModules. The files itself are not copied to a new location. So if you would move the folder, UI.Vision would report the XModules as uninstalled, as it can not find them any longer. If you want to move the location of the folder later, it is best if you first run the uninstall scripts in the old location and then run the 1install.bat installation script again in the new location.

2. Run the included batch file “1install.bat”

You do this by opening the command line window, navigate to the folder to which you copied the files and type

1install.BAT

You should then see several messages that say “Native messaging host… installed”

The installation is done now!

(This is the same installation procedure that we use for the Mac and Linux version of the XModules)

Hi @admin

A question i see in this post the xmodules version 201908, in the site i see latest xmodules Windows Installer, Version 2019-5 this link you posted here is a new version of xmodules (201908) or is the same in the site (2019-5) ?

Thanks

@newuserkantu It is a bit off topic, but since you asked: You noticed this correctly. Yes, this is a yet not officially released new version :slight_smile:

It works fine with the currently released UI.Vision version. But when combined with the upcoming version (beta here!) the updated XFile module gives you some new cool features:

• Chrome 1 MB file limit “workaround” added - You can read and write CSV files/screenshots that are larger than 1 MB.

• New XRun and XRunAndWait command - Start programs and scripts directly from UI.Vision:

Example:

This macro uses a PowerShell script to write data to a file:

The main command is

XRunAndWait | Powershell.exe | -executionpolicy ...

or in general

XRunAndWait | Path to script | command line switches

• XRunAndWait starts the script/exe and waits for it to complete. The exit code is in ${!xrun_exitcode}

• XRun starts the script/exe and immediately continues with macro.

{
  "Name": "1xrun",
  "CreationDate": "2019-9-12",
  "Commands": [
    {
      "Command": "XRunAndWait",
      "Target": "Powershell.exe ",
      "Value": "-executionpolicy bypass -File  d:\\test\\test1.ps1  d:\\test\\test.txt Hello"
    },
    {
      "Command": "echo",
      "Target": "Exit code is ${!xrun_exitcode}",
      "Value": "blue"
    },
    {
      "Command": "if_v2",
      "Target": "${!xrun_exitcode} < 0",
      "Value": ""
    },
    {