[Recreator Required] Installation of XModules not recognised

Hi,

I’m running Kantu version 4.1.6 in Chrome version 73.0.3683.103 (Official Build) (64-bit), on Windows 10.

I have tried to install the XModules by running “kantu-xmodules-setup-v201902.exe”, downloaded from: Download XModules for enhanced features, Robotic Process Automation (RPA)

The XModules installer appears to complete successfully, however Kantu is still not able to find any of the XModules. When I click “Test it”, I get the message: “status updated: Not Installed”.

Any help greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Strange. Is there anything special about your Windows 10? e. g. is it an Enterprise (locked down) version or similar?

Is the OS language English or…?

I can confirm with the OP, same thing happening to me. Win 10 Enterprise, latest Chrome kantu-xmodules-setup-v201902.

Thanks for your response. That’s correct, I am running Windows 10 Enterprise, and the system language is English (United Kingdom).

@Chris, can you please test in Firefox? This worked for @seg

See here: XModules not detected - #5 by seg - Bug Reports - UI.Vision RPA Software Forum | Discuss RPA Automation, Selenium IDE and OCR API Text Recognition

Thanks for the suggestion. Although the Firefox solution sounds promising, unfortunately I cannot test this as the Firefox browser is not available in my organisation. Available browsers are: Chrome, Internet Explorer, and Edge.

Can you please retest with V5.0?

Was there any resolution to this? I am experiencing this too. I am on Win 8.1 with Kantu 5.03

@Chris @seg @DBL

Post here please, others user have the same problem

Hi, I’m having the same/similar issue. I’m trying Xmodules in WIN10 machine with non-priviledged user. So i install both Firefox and Chrome extensions, installed Xmodules by “installing” them by .exe isntallation file.

But when open the extension it is saying that the modules are not installed at all. Any suggestion please.

Forgot to mention that my windows user is not able to change registry so that is mostprobably why my installation not done properly. Any way how to point to the Xmodule folder without changing the registry?

I downgraded to xmodules 201905 and ui vision 5.1.9 and i solved all my problem.

With other version of xmodules it’s impossibile to work there are many bugs, crash.

I tried more and more time latest xmodules without success.

Solved with V5.3.17 :slight_smile:

I am having this issue even after the latest update.
When attempting to use the zip file instead & open the 1install.bat file I notice in the log that it does give the “ERROR: Registry editing disabled by your administrator.”

Even after clicking the blue “Test it” button, nothing changes and it still shows the Xmodules as “Not installed”

Would this be a wall I can’t bypass or is there another fix for this potentially?

Hi, that sounds like your machine is locked down? The installer needs to edit the registry to tell Chrome where to find the XModules.

Which makes absolute sense, I’m just wondering if there’s a way around it. Honestly if I could figure out how to have the same information “storeText” 'd as the page changes without XClick then I would just do that but it looks like it would be easier with Xmodules installed.

Also I forgot to mention it’s a workstation belonging to my company so administrative control won’t be an option.

Do you have a link to the website? Or can upload a video of the issue? Maybe we can help with this.

It’s actually on salesforce. I can’t link to it as it’s for the company I’m working for but I’ve been working on it a couple days and apparently it’s “Dynamic ID” changes, I just need to store text the same bit of information over and over again for when it changes, page to page. The page layouts are all the same but obviously the numbers they use to keep track of them are different. I’m onto something working by using “contains” somewhere but It’s tricky figuring it out.
Would be a lot easier with Xmodules installed but what can you do if registry editing is necessary, can’t bypass the companies settings to do it.