Feature Suggestions Kantu CsvSave in hard drive (xmodule) with separated line

Hi @admin

I suggest a feature for Kantu.

When you switch to hard drive mode (xmodule) and save the data in the csv if you open the csv with notepad or another program you do not read the separate lines but the text is all merged it would be better if Kantu saved (csvsave) the lines separating them as in classic csv format. In the current way in which you save kantu it is difficult to be able to modify the csv files because the lines are all joined. I attach image.

Macro code looped 10 times
{
“Name”: “test”,
“CreationDate”: “2019-5-16”,
“Commands”: [
{
“Command”: “bringBrowserToForeground”,
“Target”: “”,
“Value”: “”
},
{
“Command”: “open”,
“Target”: “Open-Source RPA Software 2023 for macOS, Linux and Windows. Codeless UI Automation”,
},
{
“Command”: “storeText”,
“Target”: “xpath=//*[@id="page-header"]/div/div/h1/span”,
“Value”: “Extraction”
},
{
“Command”: “echo”,
“Target”: “${Extraction}”,
},
{
“Command”: “store”,
“Target”: “${Extraction}”,
“Value”: “!csvLine”
},
{
“Command”: “csvSave”,
“Target”: “test.csv”,
}
]
}

Csv saved from Kantu (without separate lines)

Csv formatted (with separate lines)

csv_formatted

Yes, that makes sense, thanks for suggesting it. It is a Windows only issue (missing some specific carriage return).

What you can do already now is to use our internal editor and/or load it into Excel.

I use Notepad++ not sure what you are talking about.
There are rows and columns.
I’m afraid if you make any changes to lines output I have to rewrite my macros.

@admin

I already use Kantu internal editor however the csv formatted in this way I can’t process it with some batch files, it would be better to have a csv formatted in a normal way.
With this format of the csv it is difficult to elaborate the csv with batch file or notepad, it is the first time that I see a csv saved in this way, with other programs it saves them with the lines that go accapo.

The same happens when you export a csv from html5 exports it with all the joined lines without going up each line making the csv difficult to use.

Will there be a change to the next update on the csv to have them in a classic format with separate lines or will kantu always remain like this?

@commensal
Don’t worry you won’t have to change any macro code Kantu is already set up to read the csv with the separate lines I always load them with separate lines and they work very well, the problem is that it saves them with the lines all joined is a formatting defect, the csv is composed of separate lines.
Moreover with the separate lines you can process the csv with a batch file that starts it with Kantu to delete lines or modify them so you will have many more functions that Kantu cannot do.

@newuserkantu I think I know what you are talking about.

When you store !csvLine it stores a value as a next column on the same row.
But when you use csvSave it “returns the carriage” starting a new line.

Is that it?

@commensal
it is only a format defect in reality Kantu reads very well csv with joined lines (as kantu saves them with csvSave) and also reads csv with separate lines (classic csv format).

With a batch file you can elaborate a csv and therefore if you have to delete or modify lines with Kantu use xtype start a batch file and work the lines of the csv but if they are all united they cannot be processed, therefore have the lines separated as in all csv can give you more features

Example Imacros save the csv lines separated without any problem after you can elaborate these lines or merge with a Kantu Csv

Hi @admin

The original csv datasources are formatted with separate lines there is no reason to have only in csvSave and Kantu export csv from HTML5 local storage the csv in non standard format with all lines merged.

Please adapt all the format of CsvSave and export csv from HTML5 local storage with classical format of csv with the separated lines like the csv of default in Kantu.

csv_format