Error at adaptor.ts when building

Hi, i’m new at kantu and i had trouble building the src code form github when i downloaded it.
There was an error at first when i try to run npm run build and after a bit of searching i thought to update the version of webpack at package.json.
Now it’s actually starting to build but then an error appears:

ERROR in ./src/common/imagesearch/adaptor.ts
Module not found: Error: Can’t resolve ‘…/…/…/imagesearch-testextension/src/ts/image-helper’ in ‘C:\Kantu-master Backup copy\src\common\imagesearch’
@ ./src/common/imagesearch/adaptor.ts 5:23-88
@ ./src/ext/bg.js

Module not found: Error: Can’t resolve ‘…/…/…/imagesearch-testextension/src/ts/job’ in ‘C:\Kantu-master Backup copy\src\common\imagesearch’
@ ./src/common/imagesearch/adaptor.ts 3:14-70
@ ./src/ext/bg.js

Module not found: Error: Can’t resolve ‘…/…/…/imagesearch-testextension/src/ts/worker-connection’ in ‘C:\Kantu-master Backup copy\src\common\imagesearch’
@ ./src/common/imagesearch/adaptor.ts 4:28-98
@ ./src/ext/bg.js

am i missing something?

also this link is dead:

https://github.com/A9T9/Kantu/tree/master/imagesearch-testextension/src/ts

Yeah, the link is dead because " imagesearch-testextension" is an old test app that is no longer needed. So we removed it from the repo. Please delete it (or re-checkout kantu source) and then the build process should work.

the newest from git doesn’t build without “imagesearch-testextension” apparently. adaptor.ts was looking for it. I actually was able to compile mine by taking a copy of imagesearch-testextension from an older version.

1 Like

I have the same problem. Kantu sources seem like big mess to me.

And the idea discussing things in forum, instead of Github Issues, makes the repo look better then it really is.

Hope this will be answered soon

Thanx