[bug] selectWindow title= hangs the macro after selecting the window

Does select the right tab but does not let the macro proceed further, no timeout, no error written to log, nothing.

Do you have a test macro for us?

I was preparing a test macro for you and figured that it hangs only happens if selectWindow tries to select active tab. Since tab management is a nightmare in Kantu I’ve been using this selectWindow to select the right tab and without any issues selecting active tab before v5 update.
Look at the macro you will see a freeze on the second time of selection of a Chrome tab.

{
  "Name": "test tabs",
  "CreationDate": "2019-6-6",
  "Commands": [
    {
      "Command": "open",
      "Target": "https://ui.vision/",
      "Value": ""
    },
    {
      "Command": "store",
      "Target": "FAST",
      "Value": "!REPLAYSPEED"
    },
    {
      "Command": "store",
      "Target": "true",
      "Value": "!ErrorIgnore"
    },
    {
      "Command": "selectWindow",
      "Target": "tab=open",
      "Value": "https://www.google.com/chrome/"
    },
    {
      "Target": "tab=open",
      "Value": "https://github.com/"
    },
    {
      "Target": "title=*UI Vision*",
    },
    {
      "Target": "title=*GitHub*",
    },
    {
      "Target": "title=*Chrome*",
    },
    {
      "Target": "title=*Chrome*",
    },
    {
      "Target": "TAB=CLOSEALLOTHER",
    }
  ]
}

@admin Have you checked this?

:disappointed_relieved::disappointed_relieved::disappointed_relieved::disappointed_relieved:

@admin I have a test macro for you and you bail on me?

Dude, I think they are working around the clock. Last 3 messages aren’t productive nor relevant.
When Admin has time, will check this out.
Maybe it’s related with: [error] Promised response from onMessage listener went out of scope - #4 by Ako
It happened to me at selctWindows step.

Dude, you are new here. A lot to catch up and drop some excitement. And you think anybody needs a lawyer here? He responds to lame questions here on the forum but ignores the [bug] tag. Yeap I follow this forum every day. So trust me I know what I am talking about. And the only reason I keep upping it up and tagging @admin is because I know he is here.
If you notice first they do is they ask for a macro (which is not possible most of the time since errors are random), and when they get it… they go silent.
I really respect the work they do, but hell this is annoying. This is partially a paid product but here you go they have beta testers for free but ignore important issues. Does not take a lot of time to write a word or two. You seem like doing fine with that.

I don’t know even how to send you a private message. I’m trying my best to learn to “navigate” around this forum. You said it good [you think anybody needs a lawyer here?] , my bad.
Some time later I saw you are very active here. Once again, sorry, my bad. Apologies.
I’ve noticed some of the things you’ve said.
I would post a lot more if I have time and more knowledge with this Kantu.
I was wondering in github [opensource] why the last version is 3.x.x.
I hate to ask a question that could be answered from forum / docs.
Hi from Romania. :slight_smile:

No problems bud. We are all friends here. I might be rough sometimes so please accept mine too. Welcome to the forum. :sunglasses:

1 Like

@admin One man show here but I will persist!

Continue to chit chatting with myself.

Ha!! You have secretly nailed it in 5.0.5 too. I’m satisfied. :joy: